Individuals may apply to FGU at anytime and from anywhere in the world. The University provides a “rolling admission” policy — this means that the University accepts qualified applicants as they apply until all available spaces are filled. Even though there is no application deadline, applicants are advised to apply early. The University accepts applications regardless of sex, religion, or race. The University does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admissions.
Currently, the application may only be mailed to the University to succesfully complete the process.
From the moment the application is received, the FGU Admissions Office becomes involved, answering questions and providing assistance in completing the application. FGU's admissions representatives are available to assist applicants through the steps of the admissions and registration processes to help each applicant attain their educational goals.
Applicants can phone the Admissions Office at 1-800-3416744. Applicants can also contact the University online by going to the contact section on our website.
Applying to the Florida Global University
All persons interested in applying for admission to the University must fill the Application Form, which must be sent via mail accompanied by a non-refundable, required application fee of 50 USD (check or money order, online payment forms available) to process the application. The check / money order should be made payable to Florida Global University.
To complete the application:
- Fill the application form online. Upon finishing the application, the applicant will be able to print and/or save the application.
- Mail the signed application form. The applicant must attach the check or money order of 50 USD for the application fee in order to complete the application, if the payment method was selected.
For mailings to the Florida Global University, you can use the following address:
- Florida Global University
- Admissions Office
- 1400 NW 107th Avenue, Suite 300
- Doral, Florida 33172, USA
- Phone: 1-800-3416744
Reactivation of Admission Application
An individual who has been accepted for admission to FGU, but who has not attended any courses, has their original application and fee active for one year from the term in which the individual was first accepted. In situations longer than one year, the application process must be started again with a new application and fee paid.
There are two main requirement groups:
Graduate Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission into a graduate program must have:
- An undergraduate degree from a state licensed, or government recognized U.S college or university, or an equivalent degree from college or university outside of the United States.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0.
Completion Program for the Bachelor of Science Degree
Applicants seeking admission into the completion program must have:
- An Associate of Arts Degree diploma from a state licensed, or government recognized institution; or at least 60 credits at the undergraduate level.
- Official transcripts from previously attended colleges or universities must be original documents not copies of the documents.
- For the applicant less than 18 years of age a parent/guardian approval is required for enrollment.
Applicants must select a language track. FGU offers two (2) language tracks: English and Spanish. All courses are offered in English and Spanish. Class starts vary depending upon the language of instruction. If an applicant qualifies in both English and Spanish they may select in which language they want to take a specific course.
1. English Language Track Requirements
1.1 Applicants whose first language is not English, but who want to select the English Track must submit one (1) of the following proofs of English proficiency:
- a) TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Score of 500 or better on the written exam or score at least 173 on computerized test,
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541- 6151, USA
- b) At least six (6) credit hours of English composition (passing grade of C or better) from an accredited U.S college or university,
- c) Completion of an A.A. or A.S. degree from a U.S college or university.
2. Spanish Language Track Requirements
2.1 Applicants who did not graduate from a high school or college in a Spanish speaking country must submit one (1) of the following:
- a) All diplomas, degrees, or official transcripts from schools, colleges or universities outside of the Spanish speaking country must be evaluated and certified in English by FGU’s recognized evaluating agency:
Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, Florida 33173, USA
Tel: (305) 273-1616, Fax: (305) 273-1338
- b) It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide all necessary documentation to the evaluating agency above.
- c) The Applicant is responsible for all costs for this evaluation and certification.
- d) All evaluation and certification must be in registrar’s office no later than the beginning of the student’s 3rd term.
2.2 Applicant whose first language is not Spanish but who want to select the Spanish Track must submit one (1) of the following proofs of Spanish proficiency:
- a) Spanish version of TOEFL or any comparable exam or test to indicate Spanish proficiency, OR
- b) At least six (6) credit hours of Spanish composition or equivalent with a passing grade of C or better from an accredited Spanish speaking college or university, OR
- c) Completion of an A.A. or A.S. degree from an accredited Spanish speaking college or university.
Individuals transferring from others colleges and universities are welcome at FGU. Transfer applicants must meet all the regular admission requirements of FGU. Florida Global University's transfer policy is designed to reward prior educational efforts. Individuals who have earned credit at other colleges or universities are encouraged to find out which courses may apply in the FGU program they are considering. Individuals may seek advice before registering, if they have any doubt about the content equivalence of the courses to be taken. FGU may grant transfer credit from all external sources as follows:
- A maximum of 90 credit hours may be applied to a FGU Bachelor's degree program.
- A maximum of 9 credit hours may be applied to a FGU Master's degree program.
- A maximum than 60 credit hours may be applied to a FGU bachelor's degree from an accredited two-year college.
Transfer Credits from Other Colleges and Universities
Florida Global University will evaluate transfer credit from colleges and/or universities on a course-by-course basis. Credits will only be accepted if the grade earned was at least a “C”. Transfer of credit is at the discretion of FGU, there is no guarantee of credits from one institution to FGU.
Transfer Credits from Educational Experiences/ Military Service
FGU grants credit for study completed in service schools on the basis of recommendations made by the American Council on Education (ACE) in its Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. Such credit is granted only if it is applicable to the individual's chosen program. Ordinarily, such credit may not be applied toward the general education requirements. Recommendations made by ACE for vocational or technical credit are considered on the same basis as, and with the same limitations as, those placed in nonmilitary sources of credit.
Transfer Credits from International Colleges and Universities
Transfer credits from international colleges or universities may be accepted if the courses meet the requirements of the FGU corresponding degree program. International students transferring credits to FGU should first send their records to the evaluating agency:
- Josef Silny & Associates
- 7101 SW 102 Avenue
- Miami, Florida 33173, USA
- Phone: (305) 273-1616
- Fax: (305) 273-1338
If records are not in English, Josef Silny & Associates will translate and evaluate them. A report of this evaluation must be sent directly to FGU from Josef Silny & Associates. An equivalent grade point average should be calculated in this evaluation.
It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all necessary documentation to the evaluating agency above. The Applicant is responsible for all costs for this evaluation and certification. All evaluation and certification must be in registrar's office no later than the beginning of the student's 3rd term.
The records to be evaluated include:
- Diploma(s) (if applicable) and Official transcript(s) for all courses taken at university level.
- Certificates earned or completed.
- Transfer credits from international colleges or universities will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
Credit by Examination
At the present time, FGU does not provide credit by Examination, credit for prior learning, or life experience.
Florida Global University provides students with the documents they might need online.
Detailed information information about almost every aspect of our University — all in one handy PDF file.
An useful guide for every student, whether the student is a new or a veteran one. Everything you need to know in one place!
If you're in need of your Official Grades Transcript, you can download and fill this form. The instructions for the request are inside the document.