Major in Bilingual Education Administration
The Master of Education in Bilingual Education prepares students to work as teachers in bilingual and multicultural schools and to function effectively in a culturally diverse environment. It is designed to help bilingual teachers develop effective teaching, create higher quality education systems for all, and play a leadership role in the classroom, school, and district by increasing educational opportunities and access to the workplace for second language learners and their families.
At the end of this Master’s Degree students will be able to:
- Have managerial, communication and negotiation skills and an excellent management of work teams.
- Develop strategies to optimize resources within the institution.
- Master management, design, planning and evaluation tools
- Implement research projects that promote the successful development of teaching and learning English as a second language.
- Contribute to the educational projects of bilingual nations, in accordance with the demands of globalization in terms of English proficiency.
- Create a national and international educational movement around bilingualism that allows our educational system to meet its needs and responsibilities.
- Prevent problems related to their professional function, maintaining an innovative approach and an ethical performance, with social responsibility and human sense.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND IMPORTANT NOTES
- An undergraduate degree from a state licensed, or government recognized U.S. College or University, or an equivalent degree from college or university outside of the United States.
- Official transcripts from the University or College in the United States or certified evaluation of previous international Colleges/Universities.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0.
- All diplomas, degrees, or official transcripts from schools, colleges or universities outside of the United States must be evaluated and certified in English by a recognized evaluating agency.
- English Language Proficiency Requirement:
- All international applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the English language if it is the chosen language. International students demonstrate proficiency by submitting official test scores of 500 or higher from TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language); if computerized at least 173.
CORE COURSES (8 Courses/24 CH)
|Foundations of Teaching in a Bilingual and Multicultural Environment||3|
|Advanced Topics of Educational Psychology||3|
|Teaching Foreign and Second Languages Online||3|
|Equity in Classroom Assessment||3|
|Literacy Across the Content Areas||3|
|Cross Cultural Communication and Understanding||3|
|Global English in a Multicultural Environment||3|
|Diverse Learners and Community Engagement||3|
MAJOR IN BILINGUAL EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION (4 Courses/12 CH)
|Major in Bilingual Education Administration|
|Bilingual Education-Oriented Management||3|
|Bilingual Education and the Law||3|