Master in Bilingual Education
Major in Bilingual Education Administration
The Master of Education in Bilingual Education prepares students to work as teachers in bilingual and multicultural schools and to function effectively in a culturally diverse environment. It is designed to help bilingual teachers develop effective teaching, create higher quality education systems for all, and play a leadership role in the classroom, school, and district by increasing educational opportunities and access to the workplace for second language learners and their families.
GRADUATE PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
In the Master of Bilingual Education, Major: Administration of the Bilingual Education, professionals gained the required knowledge to boost bilingual education through the excellence teaching practice that incorporates the cognitive and psychological processes through which bilingualism develops, at the same time they know the operation of bilingual centers.
GRADUATE ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Applicants who completed a bachelor degree issued by a national or foreign higher-education institute.
- Not completed studies:
Graduate applicants who did not complete a master degree program and have official transcripts from studies issued by national or foreign higher-education institution who want to get credit transfer for recognition of prior learning from other universities.
- Bachelor degree issued by a national or a foreign higher-education institution.
- Official transcripts (only for applicants with prior uncompleted master degree studies who require academic credit transfer from other national or foreign higher-education institution).
- Valid identification (citizen ID or passport for foreign citizens).
- Proof of admission and registration fees payment.
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the corresponding legal translation (this requirement has to be processed by the applicant).
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the certification issued by a credential evaluation agency accredited in the United States for recognition of international education qualifications (this process is managed by FGU).
CORE COURSES (8 Courses/24 CH)
|Foundations of Teaching in a Bilingual and Multicultural Environment||3|
|Advanced Topics of Educational Psychology||3|
|Teaching Foreign and Second Languages Online||3|
|Equity in Classroom Assessment||3|
|Literacy Across the Content Areas||3|
|Cross Cultural Communication and Understanding||3|
|Global English in a Multicultural Environment||3|
|Diverse Learners and Community Engagement||3|
MAJOR IN BILINGUAL EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION (4 Courses/12 CH)
|Major in Bilingual Education Administration|
|Bilingual Education-Oriented Management||3|
|Bilingual Education and the Law||3|