Master of Science in Information Technology Management.
Major in Network
CIP CODE: 521206
The Master in Information Technology program focuses on decision making with emphasis in the area of integrated network management based on technological resources in the administration storage and transmission of data in organizations and in the evaluation of alternatives to solve their problems.
GRADUATE PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
The graduate from the Master’s degree in Management of Information Technologies, major Network, gains a high level of competence to manage current and emerging technologies within an organization, focused on decision making with emphasis in the area of integral network management according to technological resources for the administration, storage and data transmission in organizations and in the evaluation of alternatives to solve their problems. He also has knowledge on advanced network concepts, equipment and strategies to provide better network connectivity to the organizations. He also has the skills and knowledge required for the design, development and management of computer network; inspect the existing network and provide specifications to update and improve them; guide a computer security risk analysis for the solution of technological infrastructure problems and thus protect valid information in legal proceedings.
GRADUATE ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Applicants who completed a bachelor degree issued by a national or foreign higher-education institute.
- Not completed studies:
Graduate applicants who did not complete a master degree program and have official transcripts from studies issued by national or foreign higher-education institution who want to get credit transfer for recognition of prior learning from other universities.
- Bachelor degree issued by a national or a foreign higher-education institution.
- Official transcripts (only for applicants with prior uncompleted master degree studies who require academic credit transfer from other national or foreign higher-education institution).
- Valid identification (citizen ID or passport for foreign citizens).
- Proof of admission and registration fees payment.
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the corresponding legal translation (this requirement has to be processed by the applicant).
- Official transcripts and degrees issued by foreign university education institutions must have the certification issued by a credential evaluation agency accredited in the United States for recognition of international education qualifications (this process is managed by FGU).
Required Core Courses
(8 Courses / 24 CH)
|CGS500||Strategic Program Techniques||3|
|BUA510||Leadership in Management||3|
|BUA520||Management Information Systems Development||3|
(4 Courses / 12 CH)
|ITM500||Information Technology Management I||3|
|ITS-500||Managing System Networks||3|
|ITS-510||Managerial Computer Forencics||3|
|ITM-600||Information Technology Management Portfolio||3|